Talespinner Children's Theatre 2020 Season Auditions
Sunday, December 1, 2019 5PM - 9:30PM
Monday, December 2, 2019 5PM - 8:30PM
Tuesday, December 3, 2019 5PM - 8:30PM
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
The King of the Animals (a Tale of Cameroon) by Gail Nyoka
March 7-29, 2020
Rehearsals begin January 19th. Tech week begins February 29th.
The Kid from Kittlerumpit (a Scottish Fairytale) by Erin Dolan
On-going throughout 2020 as Educational Touring Production, but specifically in-house on the mainstage May 8 – 17, 2020. Rehearsals for touring production typically take place first in January, with some brushup for the mainstage and as needed for outreach productions.
Aponibolinayen in the Sky (a Tale of the Philippines) by Elana & Les Hunter
Sept. 12 - Oct. 4, 2020
Rehearsals begin July 27th. Tech week begins Sept. 5th.
Robin Goodfellow & the Faeries (an English Fairytale) by Alison Garrigan
Nov. 28 - Dec. 21, 2020
Rehearsals begin Oct. 12th. Tech week begins Nov. 21st. (No rehearsal on Thanksgiving.)
(Rehearsals for all shows are evenings either Sunday through Thursday, or Monday through Friday, depending on the show. New this year—TCT will be bringing its Exceptional Inclusion programming into our mainstage productions—schedules may also include specific training required for various special skills.)
TCT is a professional company that presents ensemble based world premiere works for children based on International stories, mythologies and other artistic disciplines that help children and the families in our area welcome diversity, learn acceptance, and embrace imaginative curiosity about cultures and peoples outside their own, while also celebrating who and what each of us may be. TCT creates a warm, professional, accepting, and inclusive environment that welcomes artists and creators, age 18 & up, of all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, shapes, genders, physical abilities, and sizes.
5209 Detroit Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44102
Located at the eastern edge of the vibrant Gordon Square Arts District/Detroit Shoreway neighborhood on Cleveland's near west side
Company auditions for the 2020 mainstage season. Auditioners will be considered for the entire season, including TCT's 2020 touring company. Being available for only specific shows does not exclude you from auditioning, or full consideration. There will be an option to notify us of your availability at the audition.
Please write to inquire about audition appointments to firstname.lastname@example.org, and place 2020 AUDITIONS in the header. Please indicate in the email the best way to reach you, and which day & time you prefer. We will make every effort to accommodate you, but as these appointments tend to fill very quickly, we may need to move you to the next closest time slot. Appointment times are as follows:
Sunday: 5pm - 6:30pm
6:30pm - 8pm
8pm - 9:30pm
Monday & Tuesday: 5:30pm - 7pm
7pm - 8:30pm
- Age 18 and up.
- You will be assigned an hour and a half appointment. Please be prepared to stay for the entire time allotted. Since space is limited, we will not be able to see anyone without an appointment.
- Please be at TCT a minimum of 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Due to the nature of the audition process, we may not be able to see you if you are late in arriving.
- Come dressed to move and appropriately to audition at a children’s theatre.
- No monologue or prepared music required.
- Please bring a resume and headshot or very good photo.
- All positions are compensated. TCT is not considering AEA contracts at this time. Due to the nature of our mission, we are not accepting applications from artists outside of the Greater Cleveland area. If you are unsure if this applies to you, please feel free to inquire!
TCT is ADA accessible.